Are you thinking about starting up your own organisation?
Or have you joined a recently established organisation and want to know if all is in order?
This session aims to go through the basics of setting up an organisation from thinking through the Pros and Cons, looking into other organisations already doing similar work, to the practical steps of how to go about setting up. As well as providing a tick list of essentials.
Aim (s) of the session:
Give Participants the skills and knowledge to successfully start an Organisation.
- Delegates will be able to:
- Make an informed decision to set up an organisation and be aware of the alternatives
- Consider their vision, mission, values in setting up the organisation
- Decide who to get involved and the development approach
- Decide how the organisation should be run, and what that means for the legal form
- Consider the Get Legal Questions
- Getting to the first meeting with a workable constitution
Trainer: Voluntary Action Camden
Venue: Cambridge House, 1 Addington Square, London, SE5 0HF
(Please note that lunch will not be provided but please do bring your own)
Date: Teusday 29 May 2012, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Cost: £15 for CAS members, £30 for non-members
How to book: Please fill out the CAS Trustee Training 2012 – Booking Form