Southwark Council has announced an opportunity for festival and event organisers to apply for funding to enable, or enhance their events this year. Deadline for proposals is Thursday 19 March 2020.
The We Are Creative Southwark Cultural Celebrations Fund is designed to encourage the provision of community engagement and activity at a programme of outdoor festivals and events across Southwark.
The fund will support the council’s Fairer Future Commitments by helping to create a vibrant Southwark. It also supports the three themes from Creative Southwark, the council’s Cultural strategy:
- creative economy
- creative growth
The Council are looking to support a range of cultural celebrations right across the borough for which aim to:
• support the council’s Fairer Future Commitments of creating a vibrant Southwark
• support the themes from Creative Southwark, the council’s cultural strategy
Applications to hold events in any park or public space within Southwark will be considered.
Your event must:
• Take place between 1 April 2020 and 30 March 2021
• Include a programme of inclusive and accessible participatory opportunities for local residents and/or businesses
• Take place in a park or a public space
• Be sympathetic to and appropriate for the requested site and its environs
• Promote community engagement
• Be free of charge for the public to attend and participate in
• Aspire to present opportunities for local traders, artists, performers and volunteers
Applicants do not have to be based in Southwark, but must demonstrate a strong connection to the borough.
The total amount available is £95,000 and it will be allocated to a range of festivals and events across Southwark. Applicants are invited to bid for up to a maximum of £10,000.
Please read the attached brief for details of the full criteria and submit your proposal using our online application form.
• Announcement of funding - 2 March 2020
• Deadline for proposals - Thursday 19 March 2020
• Shortlisting - 20 to 23 March 2020
• Interview date - 24 March 2020
• Successful applicants notified by 27 March 2020
• Festival/event delivery - 1 April 2020 to 30 March 2021
For further information, please call the events team on 020 7525 3422 or email the Team
For further details please see this document.