PRIME is looking for a volunteer to facilitate fun and friendly football sessions at Columbo Community Pitches, Hatfields on Saturdays between 10am - 11am. With men being at high risk of mental and physical health issues in their 40s and 50s, you will be helping this high-risk group to get active and build social connections.
What day: Saturdays
How many hours: 1 - 2
Minimum Commitment: 3 days a month
Where: Hatfields, Southwark
About PRIMEPRIME runs weekly football sessions for over 35s with the aim of getting midlife men physically and socially active in their community.
Main tasks include:
- Collecting equipment (balls and bibs)
- Taking registration payments
- Leading warm-up and drills
- Facilitating a 5 / 6 aside game and cool down
Who are we looking for?
- The ideal person will have strong coordination and leadership skills, be a community champion and have previous facilitation or coaching experience.
- Applicants do not need to have any coaching qualifications as PRIME will provide training.
What the volunteer would gain from the volunteering opportunity
- This voluntary role is ideal for someone who loves football, wants to make an impact in their local community. Through this role, the volunteer will develop their communication, organisation and facilitation skills whilst building social bonds within the local community.
- PRIME coaches can participate in the session at no cost and will be provided with all equipment including their own personalised coach sweatshirt.
- PRIME will provide basic training.
Find out more/ apply!
Contact Dominic Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07956 433 214