Volunteer Drivers are responsible for delivering customer shopping and two Delivery Volunteers from the supermarkets to their homes in a small Food2You van. You will have Sat Nav to ensure you can find the different locations. You will be required to undertake very basic van maintenance tasks, (such as checking the lights are working), all of which you will be fully trained in.
What day: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
How many hours: 5 hours
Where: Currently Old Kent Road, but will be expanding to other parts of the borough
About your organisation
Food2You is an exciting new shopping delivery service, supporting older people at risk of malnutrition to live more healthy, independent and dignified lives. It will be run by Age UK Lewisham & Southwark (AUKLS), with a team of enthusiastic, dedicated volunteers at the heart of the project.
- Delivering customers shopping from the supermarkets to their homes in a small van
- Packing and unloading the van in an organised manner
- Undertake very basic van maintenance tasks
Who are we looking for?
- Enthusiastic, team player
- Clean driving license
- Confidence in driving across Southwark, Lewisham and Lambeth as required
- Ability to lift shopping bags and boxes into and out of the van
What the volunteer would gain from the volunteering opportunity:
- All Food2You volunteers will receive all the training they need to feel happy and confident in their role. They will receive great experience working with an established charity and vital skills that will improve your CV. They will endeavour to provide additional, relevant training where possible too, in areas such as First Aid, Dementia awareness and malnutrition.
- Food2You volunteers will very much be a part of the AUKLS family, with regular invites to social events attended by both staff and service users.
- Most importantly, you will be making a tangible difference to the lives of vulnerable older people in your local community.
- Volunteer Drivers can choose the number of days they would like to volunteer with us, it is very flexible
- You will receive full training for your role
- You can claim travel expenses for your role
- You will need to fill out an application form, and attend a short, informal chat with staff before commencing the position
Find out more/ get involved!
Contact Caroline Hughes (Food2You Project Coordinator) at: Food2You@ageuklands.org.uk