Community Southwark (CS) is the main provider of support to the voluntary and community sector in Southwark. Southwark is full of charities and groups who exisit in order to help improve and make a difference to people's lives.
We are looking for dedicated people who feel passionate about helping to support the voluntary and community sector. If you join our trustee team you become part of this wonderful, vibrant and diverse community.
We're looking for people who:
- will commit to the organisation
- have willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- have strategic vision
- have good, independent judgment
- have the ability to think creatively
- are willing to speak their mind
- have understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- have the ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- agree with and follow Nolan's seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
We are looking for people who have experience/ knowledge in the following areas:
Policy and influencing
Corporate sector/ CSR
As a general guide, the role will require the equivalent of 6/7 days’ time commitment over a year, including the following meetings:
- Full board meetings; 4 per annum (usually the first Thursday of the month, from 5.30pm to 7.30pm)
- Subcommittee meetings, where appropriate, four per year.
- Annual General Meeting (half day)
- Trustee/Staff strategy day, 1-2 per year (full days)
- Induction (half day)