Southwark Youth Offending Service is in need of Mentors to support young offenders and our community.
We need men and women aged 21 & above from all ethnicities and social backgrounds - we are, however, particularly keen to recruit male volunteers!
We want people who live or work in the borough of Southwark, who are good at listening and who are reliable.
What do mentors do?
Mentors are involved in Reparation activities with young offenders, enabling them to repair the harm caused by their offending behaviour. Mentors also support individual young offenders practically and emotionally.
- Wednesday 6th November 2-8pm
- Thursday 7th November 2-8pm
- Interviews will last 20mins and require no preparation.
- Once we receive a completed application form, we will ask you to select your preferred day/ time of interview.
- Thursday 21st November 6-9pm
- Saturday 23rd November 10-4pm
- Thursday 28th November 6-9pm
- Saturday 30th November 10-4pm
- Thursday 5th December 6-9pm
TBC during training
Venue for interviews & training:
- Southwark Youth Offending Service, 47b East Dulwich Road SE22 9AN
- Food and refreshments will be provided for all training. There are parking spaces on site (limited for 8 cars) and neighbouring roads, which are unrestricted.
- Please let me know if there are any dates that you can not do, as 90% attendance is required for course completion..