Circle the City event is an exciting and challenging event, which is planned for the 20th May 2018, at the end of Christian Aid Week in London. As an event fundraising volunteer you would play a vital role in the fight against world poverty by working with Christian Aid staff and supporters to facilitate this event. You would work alongside the London Events Coordinator to devise, organize and put on Circle the City in order to raise much needed funds for our partners around the world.
Specific aspects of the role will include:
- Encouraging people to support the work of Christian Aid through giving their time and money. Publicising Circle the City to staff, supporters and other volunteers.
- Undertaking various admin tasks relating to Circle the City. Considering and identifying new audiences to encourage them to get involved with Circle the City.
- Liaising with organisations in the City, including the Corporation of London. Recruiting additional volunteers for the day of the event.
- Promoting the walk through local media and helping with coordination on the day.
- Excellent organisational and admin skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
About the organisation
Christian Aid are a major international development charity who work in over 40 countries around the world. We work for and with people of all faiths and none, as well as with churches and other organisations, to promote sustainable development, strive for social justice and pursue our vision of a world without poverty
The role will be based in their Waterloo offices and we would expect a commitment of 1 to 2 days a week.
Follow this link: circle-the-city-events-volunteer
If you would like more information, please contact Neil Roper in the London office on email@example.com or 020 7523 2363.