Walk the Walk is the UK’s largest grant-making breast cancer charity. They organise the famous MoonWalk overnight power walking challenges and are immensely proud to have raised over £121m, which has been granted to research into breast cancer and to improve the lives of people living with cancer now.
Join their 2,000 strong team of incredible volunteers at The MoonWalk London on 12th or 13th May to have fun and help to raise millions of pounds whilst doing so!
Volunteer Role: Event Crew and Route Marshals
Walk the Walk are looking for dedicated, amazing volunteers to support us at The MoonWalk London – 15,000 women and men walking either a full or half marathon in their fantastically decorated bras, raising money and awareness for breast cancer…quite a sight to behold!!
Saturday Evening Crew: Join in the party atmosphere at MoonWalk City on Saturday 12th May where things are just getting started…a busy period when our Walkers & Volunteers arrive en masse!! Start times vary depending on your role, but no earlier than 5pm and finishing at midnight. Our 24 available roles include Baggage, Tattoos & Balloons and Water Crew.
Saturday Overnight Crew: The crucial part of the event where our Walkers are out on the streets and volunteers are involved at the centre of an exciting night.
Finish Line and Baggage roles start around 11pm on Saturday 12th May through to 6am. Route Marshals start between 7.30 - 11.30pm and finish within 8 hours or once the last Walker has passed. Early finishes can be requested upon registration.
Sunday Morning Crew: Support our Walkers towards the end of their journey... the most testing and inspirational part of their challenge! Starting at 6am on Sunday 13th May and finishing around 12pm, once the last Walker crosses the Finish Line.
- You simply need a positive and hard-working attitude for helping a great cause! In return you will meet some amazing people, raise millions of pounds for breast cancer and have the most incredible time at one of London’s most iconic events! It really is an opportunity to experience something truly unique, fun & challenging where you can donate your skills in a very practical way!
- A briefing pack and handbook are provided to all successful applicants.
- All volunteers must be over 13 years old - those between 13 & 17 must be accompanied by a volunteer over 18 years old.
- They value our volunteers just as much as the walkers – without your help they would not have an event!
- All roles will develop teamwork and confidence, no matter what you do on the night. Experienced individuals have the opportunity to become Team Leaders.
- All volunteers receive refreshments and a t shirt and a cap in order to feel part of the amazing experience on the night.
Successful volunteers are issued with a Volunteer Pack before the event, which contains a handbook and briefing notes specific to the role they have been allocated. All volunteers have a named supervisor, who will give a short briefing at the beginning and remain in regular contact throughout the night.
- MoonWalk City, Clapham Common, London, SW4 9DE
- Access to Volunteer Gate via Rookery Road
- Clapham Common is the closest tube station