Culture Seeds is part of the Mayor of London’s draft Strategy for Culture and the new grants Fund will be used to support community-led cultural projects for all Londoners.
The Fund is aimed at grassroots organisations with annual income of under £50,000.
Applicants do not have to be a formally constituted group; however you should have a bank account with two signatories or nominate an organisation who can accept the funds on your behalf.
You must also provide two referees who can vouch for your work in your local community.
Grants of between £1,000 – £5,000 are available.
The grants are for arts, culture and heritage projects and activities, and this includes:
- visual and performing arts (like music, dance and theatre)
- filmmaking and film screenings
- heritage projects
- digital art
- cultural events/festivals
- literature, spoken word, reading groups
- craft and making activities
- choirs/singing groups
- creative writing
- Projects must have local people at their heart and offer shared creative experiences to bring communities together.
- Projects that support people on lower incomes, and connect communities that lack access to cultural resources and funding will be prioritised.
The programme will also offer successful applicants help with:
- marketing and monitoring your project
- applying for future funding
- recruiting and working with volunteers
Visit the GLA Culture Seeds webpage
Deadline: 6 March 2020 (12noon)