Transport for London are proposing to extend the Bakerloo line beyond Elephant & Castle to Lewisham, serving Old Kent Road and New Cross Gate.
The extension would:
- Offer a new direct link into central London, with connections to every other Underground line
- Provide an Underground train every two to three minutes from Lewisham across London
- Support new homes and jobs in south east London
- Relieve congestion on roads, reducing CO2 emissions and air pollution
- Reduce journey times along the extension to central London by up to nine minutes
They are also considering plans for a further extension to Hayes and Beckenham Junction.
Give your views
For more information and to give your views, please visit: tfl.gov.uk/bakerloo-extension and respond by Sunday 22 December 2019.
They will be holding public exhibitions where staff involved in the project will be available to answer questions.
- Monday 11 November 2019 (17:00 - 21:00) Pilgrims’ Way Primary School, Tustin Estate, Manor Grove, London SE15 1EF
- Wednesday 13 November 2019 (14:00 - 20:00) Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre, Lower Floor, New Kent Road, London SE1 6TE
- Monday 18 November 2019 (15:00 - 20:00) Goldsmiths, University of London, The Refectory (ground floor of the Richard Hoggart building), 8 Lewisham Way, New Cross, London SE14 6NW
- Monday 25 November 2019 (17:00 - 21:00) Pilgrims’ Way Primary School, Tustin Estate, Manor Grove, London SE15 1EF
- Thursday 28 November 2019 (14:00 - 20:00) 231 Old Kent Road, London SE1 5LU
- Wednesday 4 December 2019 (10:00 - 16:00) New Cross Learning, 283-285 New Cross Road, London SE14 6AS