Depaul is a charity that works with young people aged between 16 – 24 years old who are at risk, or affected by, homelessness.
The Coffee Room is an exciting area within Sherborne House, Depaul’s newly refurbished Endeavour Centre in Southwark. It is the social hub within the building in which staff, visitors and young people will walk into when they first enter the Endeavour Centre.
We are looking for a volunteer to help the Endeavour Host run the coffee room and to also take the lead when the Host is unavailable
It is a space in which people can sit and order drinks and food, hold informal meetings and wait for appointments. In the near future we will also be looking to utilize this space for additional opportunities, such as exhibitions and to hold workshops.
The Coffee Room volunteers will also be asked to supervise young people who are living with Depaul supported accommodation projects who will also be undertaking volunteer placements in The Coffee Room as baristas.
In terms of availability we require a large degree of flexibility of volunteers in The Coffee Room – during mornings, afternoons and particularly early evening - as Sherborne House has a growing number of large scale meetings taking place in which The Coffee Room will be helping to cater for food and drink on most occasions.
We also require community volunteers to be able to provide cover during periods when the Endeavour Host is on annual leave or training days.
- A) To work alongside the Endeavour Host to be part of the Welcome Host team
- to greet staff, young people and visitors when they enter the building.
- B) To liaise with staff regarding visitors who are booked for appointments
- and meetings
- C) To be able to work independently when required to ensure The Coffee Room
- is fully functional – preparing and serving food and drinks.
- D) To supervise young people within Depaul supported accommodation who are
- carrying out a volunteer placement within The Coffee Room
- E) To ensure room and all equipment is ready for opening time and is cleaned
- and shut down at the end of shift (subject to hours).
- F) Using the till and handling cash float.
Minimum commitment of 4-6 hours (one shift a week) per week over a minimum time frame of 6 months. However, we are flexible and appreciate that people’s circumstances do change and that it may prove impossible to adhere to this.
An enhanced DBS check to work with both children and vulnerable adults will be required for this role of which Depaul will cover the cost.
If so, please contact Ronn Thwaites - Volunteer & Mentoring Coordinator for further details at: email@example.com