Aphasia-Reconnect provides long-term peer support groups to people with an acquired communication disability, aphasia, often at a time when statutory support is limited. Their overarching aim is to enable people to live life, discover opportunity, find wellbeing and mutual engagement within the wider community.
Main Activities /tasks
- To contribute to the ideas and initiatives to raise income for Aphasia Re-Connect.
- To contribute to and promote fundraising initiatives, liaising with the media team to promote events online.
- To actively engage with people with aphasia to check out ideas and initiatives, and where appropriate involve them.
- To feed liaise with the Fundraising Guru to feed ideas into quarterly Advisory Group meetings
Time requirement: At least 1-2 hours per week
Location: Location of choice
- A DBS check is required
- Aphasia Re-Connect has an expense reimbursement policy
- Supported Communication skills and Communication access training
- Regular supervision and support.
For more information, contact Sally McVicker on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07885 288943