Walworth Garden is a Charity and Social Enterprise ranked in the RBS 'Top 100 Social Enterprise' list. We provide valuable sevices to the community, an enjoyable place to visit, an educational facility and much needed employment opportunities.
Our Mission Statement:
'Changing lives by delivering excellent learning and horticultural therapy in an award winning garden that’s open to all.'
Walworth Garden, a registered charity, is a member of the Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens, and an approved QCF training centre registered with City and Guilds. It is governed by a voluntary management committee and is a member of NCVO, LVSC, & LVSTC.
The Wildlife Garden
For young visitors, the wildlife area where they can see frogs jump and mini-beasts on the prowl, is a new source of delight. For many others it is the first time they will have seen an apple growing on a tree or helped to lift a potato from the ground.
The environmental and educational facilities of the Farm are promoted by practice and training. This is highlighted in the mission statement of the Farm.
Courses, services and activities:
- Introduction to Gardening – a free course for beginners.
- Introduction to beekeeping sessions - a free 10 hour/ 2 day course.
- Many other courses and workshops are held throughout the year. Check our News & Events page and Projects pages to keep updated.
Providing Environmental Education for schools, youth groups, wildlife clubs and community gardens.
The School Orchard Project: planting fruit trees in school grounds and supporting playground design and development .Working with the local community to create sustainable gardens and promote bio-diversity.
- Providing Horticultural Therapy for people with learning disabilities, basic skills and mental health issues.
- Walworth Garden Services, a Social Enterprise providing garden services, maintenance and related activities.