There are multiple resources available online that focus on Universal Credit and we’ve collated some of the better ones here – including official guidance published by the Department for Work and Pensions.
We will also use this space to highlight any upcoming training opportunities for frontline staff.
Advising communities have produced a basic information sheet that effectively acts as an introduction to universal credit. Feel free to share widely: Understanding Your Universal Credit Account
Citziens Advice have dozens of pages of information on benefits which are straightforward to navigate and can be accessed here.
Department for Work and Pensions
The DWP have produced a number of resources that local organisations can refer to when acting on behalf of residents:
- The latest DWP update
- Organisation structure and contact details (contact email@example.com for details)
- Third party escalation process (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
- Online resource
Southwark Law Centre have helpfully produced a list of frequently asked questions (updated December 2018) about Universal Credit which you can view here.
West London Mission Universal Credit Workshop
This one-day interactive workshop is for staff or volunteers of organisations working with benefits claimants who might be affected by the change.
- The key changes Universal Credit brings
- The challenges and opportunities it presents
- How we can support people to make and maintain their claims
- Accessing specialist advice and local support
Future training dates will be added when they become available.