This half-day workshop will introduce participants to the key aspects of filling in a funding application effectively. It will support participants to understand the jargon used, think about what key information is needed to complete successful grant applications and the language to use to convey ideas effectively and succinctly.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who:
- Is involved with fundraising for the organisation
- Is new to fundraising
- Is starting up an organisation
- Understand the different sections of an application form;
- Understand monitoring and evaluation: proving the need, know your SMART Outcomes
- Plan your budget: what might you ask for money for, what makes a strong budget
- Get the language right
- Understand how to explain the need
On completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- identify what funders are asking for in different sections of an application form
- be familiar with specific terminology used in fundraising
- be amiliar with the language of funders
- understand what information to put in a bid
- be confident filling out funding applications
Community Southwark members: FREE
Non- members: £50
Not a member of Community Southwark yet? Please check HERE for information about how to become a member.
Please see our Training Terms and Conditions before booking your place. We ask that a maximum of two people per organisation book to attend as we have limited places.
Please note that booking and then failing to attend may result in a charge to your organisation.
Lunch is not provided for this course. Ideally, if you could bring lunch with you that would be great. Otherwise there is a café next to Cambridge House, or we can provide you with directions to other local cafes and supermarkets nearby.
We offer bespoke training and consultancy for organisations wishing to undergo a tailor-made programme specific to their requirements. For more information please call 020 7358 7020.
Community Southwark, Development Team
Please book you space below: