Need is the term used to describe an issue or situation where something needs to change to make things better, for a person, a group of people, an environment or an organisation. Identifying need is the starting point of any project. Funders want to know that you have good reasons for your project.
When you clearly understand your project’s needs, you can:
- Choose project activities that enable you to accomplish the true desired impact
- Monitor performance during and at the end of the project to ensure that you’re meeting the real needs
- Realise when the project isn’t meeting the real needs so that you can suggest modifying or cancelling it
This training course will help you to explore ways to identify and analyse the need for your project. During the workshop we will look at the key points for carrying out a needs assessment - the key questions that need to be addressed - and where and how to look for the right evidence.
Who should attend
This is ideal for anybody working in the voluntary and community sector looking to improve their planning skills. It is particularly useful for trustees and managers.
At the end of workshop you will have:
- A better understanding on what the ‘ project need’ means and how to demonstrate that
- Increased knowledge on how to find out more about local needs
- Free for Community Southwark Members
- £50.00 for Non Community-Southwark Members
To find out if you're eligible for membership and the process for becoming a member (it's free and doesn't take long), please click here. If you are not eligible to become a member and would like attend the training, please get in touch with us through firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a £25 fee payable for non-attendance unless 3 working days’ notice of cancellation has been given. If training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events.
- This workshop is for people involved in the voluntary and community sector (staff members, trustees or active volunteers). If you are not part of an organisation, please get in touch with us prior to booking your place.
- Lunch is not provided for this course.
Please see our Training Terms and Conditions before booking your place.
We offer bespoke training and consultancy for organisations wishing to undergo a tailor-made programme specific to their requirements. For more information, please call us on 0207 358 7020
Community Southwark / Development Team
Booking is essential! Please book your space below!