One day training session 26th June 2018.
The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) come into force on 25th May 2018. The ways in which you currently work within your voluntary organisation to comply with the Data Protection Act may need to change. The basic framework is the same and the data principles are similar, but there are some differences in terminology . However, the main change to existing practice is contained within the list of topics about which organisations will have to inform the data subject. This is much more extensive.
As this is an EU Regulation, it applilies directly without the need for a change in the national law. Although the UK is leaving the EU, the UK Government has made it clear that GDPR is likely to remain substantially in place even after departure.
In this one day training session you will learn how to:
- Ensure that all participants are confident about the basics of Data Protection, both now and in the future
- Put Data Protection in context – looking at its relationship to confidentiality, for example
- Explain fully the changes that GDPR will introduce and how the new requirements might be met
- Explore in detail the issues that will particularly affect small- and medium-sized charities
- Explore the options available to charities in their fundraising and direct marketing activities
- Enable participants to draw up an action plan
The one day training session is being delivered by an extrenal consultant with many years expereice in data protection and the not for profit sector. The cost is £30 plus VAT per place. You can book your place here