Spend a refreshing half-day getting up to date with the roles and responsibilities of those in governance positions.
This Community Southwark workshop is ideal for those new to trusteeship or simply looking for a refresher. Using games, exercises, peer learning and lectures, we provide the key information and space to think about the key governance issues affecting your organisation.
We will explore roles and responsibilities, duties and liabilities, the Code of Good Governance and where to get quick support.
By the end of the course, you will be able to up-date the rest of your board and carry out your duties with confidence.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Trustees / Directors / Management Committee members of charities and charitable incorporated organisations or charitable companies
- Those wishing to become trustees/directors/management committee members
- Staff members who support trustees/directors/management committee members
- What is Governance in a non-for-profit
- Who and what is a trustee/director/management committee member
- Who can be a trustee / director / management committee member
- Roles and Responsibilities assigned to these members
- statutory duties
- Risks and liabilities
- The Code of Good Governance
- Further support
On completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify and explain their role as Board members within the sector
- Identify legal and best practice Board responsibilities
- Describe the boundaries between staff and board members, operational and strategic
- Demonstrate an understanding of conflict of interest, conflict management and the difference between personal and organisational views
- Demonstrate a greater confidence in their ability to be an effective trustee
Community Southwark members: £5
Lambeth & Lewisham groups: £25
Lunch is not provided for this course. Ideally, do bring a sandwich or something with you so that we can chat during this time.
We offer bespoke training and consultancy for organisations wishing to undergo a tailor-made programme specific to their requirements. For more information please call 020 7358 7020.
Community Southwark - Development Team
To attend please book using the link below: