Spend an invigorating half-day getting up to date with the roles and responsibilities of those in governance/trustee positions.
Community Southwark workshops are ideal for those new to trusteeship or simply looking for a refresher. Using games, exercises, peer learning and lectures, we provide the key information and space to think about the key governance issues affecting your organisation.
We will explore roles and responsibilities, duties and liabilities, the Code of Good Governance and where to get quick support.
By the end of the course, you will be able to up-date the rest of your board and carry out your duties with confidence.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who:
- Trustees/Management Committee members of charities and charitable incorporated organisations or charitable companies
- Those wishing to become trustees/management committee members
- Staff members who support trustees/management committee members
- What is a trustee/management committee member
- What is Governance
- Who can be a trustee management committee member
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Duties of trustees/management committee members
- Liabilities and risk
- Code of Good Governance
- Further support
On completion of this Governance Made Easy workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify and explain their role as Trustees within the sector
- Identify legal and best practice trustee responsibilities
- Describe the boundaries between staff and trustees, operational and strategic
- Demonstrate an understanding of conflict of interest, conflict management and the difference between personal and organisational views
- Demonstrate a greater confidence in their ability to be an effective trustee
- Free for Community Southwark Members
- £50.00 for Non Community-Southwark Members
To find out if you're eligible for membership and the process for becoming a member (it's free and doesn't take long), please click here . If you are not eligible to become a member and would like attend the training, please get in touch with us through email@example.com
Booking is essential! Please book your space below!
Before booking, please ensure that you read and agree to our terms and conditions.
Lunch is not provided for this course.
We offer bespoke training and consultancy for organisations wishing to undergo a tailor-made programme specific to their requirements. For more information, please call 020 7358 7021.
Do you need safeguarding training? Then check this website for free safeguarding training
Book you place: