What is Healthwatch Southwark?
Put simply it works to help local people get the best out of their local health and social care services. Whether it’s improving them today or helping to shape them for tomorrow. Healthwatch Southwark is all about local voices being able to influence the delivery and design of local services. Not just people who use them, but anyone who might need to in future.
1. Patient and Public 'Advocate' or 'Consumer Champion'
We listen to your experience or issue , and use this (anonymously) to help with our work, including reporting these at important meetings
Report - See more under point 3 (Representing)
Influence strategy, policy and services through our listening and engagement work
P.S. Ask for our flowchart and leaflet on where to go if your GP practice is closed and the complaints process.
2. Provide Information & Signpost People
We help Southwark residents to:
- Find where to go for help & support about health & social care services in the borough
- Find a GP surgery or dentist locally
- Find out how to make a complaint or leave feedback about a service they have used
- Connect you with other signposting agencies or organisations
3. Representing the patient & public voice at decision making meetings
- Report issues through our Representatives at NHS Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) meetings as well as our health and wellbeing board and social care networks
- Influence strategy, policy and service through our listening & engagement work
4. Visit local services to ‘ Enter & View’
- We visit health or social care services to speak with users and carers. This can be triggered by issues we receive about the service. Through this, we are able to make recommendations for improving the service with the provider
5. We are a Network of Networks (including NHS England, local CQC inspectors, the voluntary sector & South East London Healthwatches)
You can get involved by:
- Sharing your recent experiences and issues with a local service
- Volunteer in our Engagement, Representation and Intelligence roles
- Advocate for us, spread the word about Healthwatch Southwark and what we do!
To find out more we've got a handy document that summarises the ways you can get involved here.
If you want to get involved with Healthwatch Southwark you can register your interest via our website here.
Contact the team:
Healthwatch Southwark, 1 Addington Square, Camberwell, SE5 0HF
Tel: 020 7358 7005
Healthwatch Southwark is funded by Southwark Council and is part of Community Southwark