Southwark Wellbeing Hub provides information and support for anyone in Southwark experiencing problems with their mental wellbeing. The Hub’s services are free and open to anyone who lives in Southwark or is registered with a Southwark GP.
It would be beneficial to have a multi-lingual team; however they have a significant Latino/Hispanic client group. Therefore, we are specifically looking for a Spanish/Portuguese speaker. To have a volunteer who speaks these languages could give support to a group of people who may have had difficulty accessing services.When: Tuesday 11am-1pm
Where: Pembroke House, Walworth
Assist the ‘Your Way’ Support Workers in giving community information and advice.
Who are they looking for?
- good team working
- good listening skills
- Non-English speakers (Spanish/Portuguese/Italian) but has a good standard of English themselves.
What the volunteer would gain from the volunteering opportunity:
- acquiring new skills
- update for CV
- improving self confidence
- meeting new people
- helping to make a difference in the community
- Southwark Wellbeing Hub will carry out a DBS check
- Authorised volunteering expenses will be reimbursed
- Induction arrangements will be arranged, as well as being closely supported by the Volunteer & Training Coordinator
- There are many opportunities for on-going training and other additional volunteering possibilities within the organisation
Main point of contact
Volunteer & Training Coordinator– Southwark Wellbeing Hub
T 020 3751 9684