“Things get done only if the data we gather can inform and inspire those in a position to make [a] difference.” – Mike Schmoker, former school administrator, English teacher and football coach, author.
Feedback forms are commonly used among community groups. We all spend our precious resources to collect information from users. But is this information being effectively used by your organisation? Is your organisation collecting the data which will be able to answer important questions and demonstrate your impact? Choosing the right methods and designing the proper tools to collect useful data is crucial for generating information that will be able to create a learning culture and inform decision making processes within the organisation.
Together, we will explore a wide range of tools and methods of data collection, such as surveys, questionnaires, focus groups and other creative and participatory methodologies. During the workshop we will discuss the pros and cons of the different tools and the importance of planning and considering the right questions.
Who should attend
This course is designed for those who already have an understanding on how to create an outcomes framework, but are new to data collection methods.
On completion of this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the different types of methods and tools for data collection available
- Understand what source of information you will need to collect
- Choose the most appropriate data collection methods to meet the needs of your organisation
- Free for Community Southwark Members
- £50.00 for Non Community-Southwark Members
To find out if you're eligible for membership and the process for becoming a member (it's free and doesn't take long), please click here. If you are not eligible to become a member and would like attend the training, please get in touch with us through email@example.com
- There is a £25 fee payable for non-attendance unless 3 working days’ notice of cancellation has been given. If training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events.
- This workshop is for people involved in the voluntary and community sector (staff members, trustees or active volunteers). If you are not part of an organisation, please get in touch with us prior to booking your place.
- Lunch is not provided for this course.
Please see our Training Terms and Conditions before booking your place.
We offer bespoke training and consultancy for organisations wishing to undergo a tailor-made programme specific to their requirements. For more information, please call us on 0207 358 7020
Community Southwark / Development Team
Booking is essential! Please book your space below!