Just got established as a non-profit organisation? So what to do now? This workshop will shed a light on the building blocks of starting up an organisation, including legal aspects, governance, service users, assessing needs, funding, and finances. Together we will look at the key structures a non-profit organisation needs to have in place to become more successful in promoting social change. This interactive workshop will bring together different start-up groups to use a hands-on tool that will foster understanding, discussion, creativity and analysis of their own work.
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for people who have recently started set up a not-for-profit (eg. community group, a charity or a social enterprise) organisation that will provide services, activities or products to the people of Southwark and surrounding boroughs. This is mainly for groups that are already registered or running their services.
We encourage you to attend with your colleagues.
This session will aim to help attendees to:
- Understand your organisation and what is required to run it;
- Understanding your aims and objectives and linking this to your activities;
- Become more strategic;
- Understand the possible ways to generate income
- Make sure you have a good governance in place;
- Practical points / issues
Pre-course work: We require you to complete out initial assessment questionnaire before attending the workshop. This asks a few questions about your plans and ideas. It will enable the trainer to tailor the workshop to your needs. Please fill THIS FORM in and return it to email@example.com prior to the workshop.
After the workshop we will send you a briefing of further reading and resources to help you develop your organisation
- Free for Community Southwark Members
- £50.00 for Non Community-Southwark Members
To find out if you're eligible for membership and the process for becoming a member (it's free and doesn't take long), please click here. If you are not eligible to become a member and would like attend the training, please get in touch with us through firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a £25 fee payable for non-attendance unless 3 working days’ notice of cancellation has been given. If training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events.
- This workshop is for people involved in the voluntary and community sector (staff members, trustees or active volunteers). If you are not part of an organisation, please get in touch with us prior to booking your place.
- Lunch is not provided for this course.
Please see our Training Terms and Conditions before booking your place.
We offer bespoke training and consultancy for organisations wishing to undergo a tailor-made programme specific to their requirements. For more information, please call us on 0207 358 7020
Community Southwark / Development Team
Booking is essential! Please book your space below!